GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:41:41 -0600
Hello, all, the Wahhabis / Salafis may have had good intentions, but
they tend to be very extreme, and the sad part is that many of them
have no knowledge, and prefer a "do-it-yourself" approach to fiqh /
juris prudence / other matters, and would rather throw away the last
1,000 years or so of Islamic scholarship in the guise of "getting back
to the Quran and Sunnah".

     The really sad thing is that they declare many things to be shirk
and bida which the majority of traditional Muslim scholars have held
to be permissible.  And they have also labelled many Muslims as
apostates.  And thus, the very extreme wing of this group of people
thus justifies killing Muslims because "they are kuffar".

     Islam was never supposed to be like this.  Islam was supposed to
be a complete way of life, to teach one to live in sumbission to
Allah, and to do good, and to live a good and moral life.

     All this "extremism" stuff, is really disheartening.  And it
gives those who are anti-Muslim plenty of ammunition to work with.  A
friend of mine sent me a site called www.muslimsout.org, which is a
virulently anti-Muslim site.  And the sad thing is, I wonder if the
extremists among the Muslims even realize that their actions are
harming Islam, distorting it, and making it hard for the average,
everyday, peaceful Muslim?

Just some thoughts...

About the anti-Muslim site, I was going to write a whole series of
rebuttals on it, but I just don't have the stomach or motivation to do
that.

I'm just too busy at work right now.  And it would just make me angry anyway.

Ginny

--
Visit my blog at:  http://quickgm28.blogs.com/ginnys_thoughts_and_thing/

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい