GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rene Badjan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 11:02:55 EDT
 Mr Sidibeh,
        Thank you very much for these proposals. If the type of organization
you have highlighted could be established in the Gambia, it will go a long
way in helping entrenched a positive contribution to our development.

       I always hold the notion that the situation in the Gambia is not
hopeless. In fact, the future could be very promising. It all depends on the
kind of people who are willing to offer themselves to be of service to their
nation; people who are selflessly motivated for the common good. People who
are sincere, committed, honest and above all, have a conscience.

     We are living in a world today, which by its own contradictions, is
proving more and more alien from the concepts it has evolved overtime. From
time immemorial, people of thought and foresight have tried to grasp the
essence of being, and the unity and struggle of the opposites it nurtures,
resolving to harmonize its contradictions so as to facilitate a climate
conducive to peaceful co-existence and mutual inner fulfillment. This is the
mission that challenges us all, as we try to determine our purpose in
enriching our human experiences.

    Concepts, therefore, are ideas about resloution; resolution is the
necessary condition to mitigate circumstances of conflict. Conflict, is the
internalization of norms, values, beliefs etc that are at variance with
similar core internalizations held by different people or groups of people.
The conflagration of conflicts, is the abrogation of all rational
imperatives, that reduces the human spirit to a callous, unfeeling, ferocious
energy, and the human mind to an impalpable crude impusle bent on inflicting
pain and suffering.

    The underlying factors that has shaped human existence and human
relations, has been the inherent conflicts, struggles, that has existed
between peoples. These conflicts, or differences form the basis of their
struggle; these conflicts, or differences, also form the basis of
conceptualizing the harmonization of these inherent conflicts.

    The proposals you have made, and the analysis you have given, in my
opinion are quite progressive. As long as there is an effort to minimize the
differences that set us apart, and solidify the common objectives that
strengthen us as a nation, and as a people, we are indeed making progress. I,
therefore, applaud your sincere efforts in trying to find a meaningful
platform, an organization, in which Gambians can contribute positively to our
development.

                 Rene