GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:17:14 +0000
Dear All,
On Oct. 5th, i was delisted from the Gambia List as a penalty. I apologised.
This is a follow up. To once again say i am sorry for losing my temper and
going that far.

To Hamjatta
I could send you a private mail, but in all fairness since our differences
were addressed on a public forum, i am seizing the opportunity to say, I AM
SORRY. I agree with the many who see you as a gifted man. My problem is the
way you utilise that blessing. I honestly believe that you can write wonders
if only you temper your outbursts and free yourself from negative energy.
Again this is not a sermon, but to let you know that i have no grudges
against you and i hope you will find in your heart to FORGIVE me for my
reaction. Aunty Jai is soon moving home to do her research work, but i have
a couple of years to sit on a school bench. Feel free to drop by whenever
you are in Stockholm, because we live at the airport.

To Kebba Dampha
Even though you have been among the most outspoken, if not the most
ferocious, i believe somewhere in your heart lies warmth and love. For
anybody who is capable of harboring such anger and hate for his adversaries,
is on the other hand justifying his love for others. I was never intimidated
by your coming to assist your friend, Hamjatta. I would like you to know
that i am in reality far from the uncouth young lady in virtual cyber. I
guess, in antogonising others we sometimes succeed in bringing out their
worst. And when we were arguing i was definitely at my worst. So KB, PLEASE
FORGIVE ME!

To Jungle Sunrise, Mr. Gassama, and the rest who made their voice known in
pleading for my case, i say thank you. List Managers have refused to pardon
me. That is ok. I have a lot of school work, my head should be in my books.
I am afraid that even if i am to come back there is the risk that somebody
else may want to drag me into regret. Therefore, i say thank you List
Management for refusing to enlist me. Your decision is a blessing in
disguise for me.

To the rest of the List Membership, i thank you for giving me enlightenment.
I have learnt a lot by reading your fears, concerns and your resolve. A four
year programme at The Royal Institute of Technology might not open my eyes
that much, feeling the pulse of a united force demanding justice and good
governance for the people of the Gambia, our Motherland.

Finally, I join the rest in congratulating both The President Elect Jammeh
for the victory, and Mr. Darboe for demonstrating political maturity in
accepting his defeat with grace! To PDOIS for being consistent, to Messrs
Bah and Dibba for bringing colour to our Gambian political arena!

Thank You All and Goodbye, Gambia L.
Happily,
Hasatou