GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:10:33 +0000
      How about this one from Beran whom i think non here will tell me is an
APRC stalwart. Don't the BBC and other media houses get their feed backs
from Beran et al.

This wasn't said by Tombong or Ms.joof!
Hopefully Beran's sources won't be disregarded as of now because of
reporting the facts and not the wishes?

I for one do not like war nor does anyone within and without The Gambia.
Samuel Doe's war was brought by an outsider(a then "exiled" Liberian).Are
things better of in Monrovia now? Is the incumbent Liberian head of state a
soldier or was he one? As far as we know he belongs to the economists that
were paraded thus was  seen as one of the best "hopes" for Liberia in the
early 90s.Please tell me the results from that economists like some of us
here?

DRC's civil strife against Mobutu was brought in by an "exiled" congolese
Late Kabila.Are things better of now? Where is Kabila? He's been killed not
by Mobutu's "stooges".He was killed by his own folk.
Law and war cannot be good pairs so lets not imagine what is not realistic
only to satisfy our egos.
Today aren't we seeing Johnny Paul Koroma dine with Kabba and Jonnah etc?
Were they not received as the messiahs or  "solve-it-all" prophets when
Koroma was crowned a cannibal by the UN etc? We were even told that an
arrest warrant was once issued against Paul but how did it last? Nothing!
BBC messages and other media houses outside are usually received as biblical
stuff even by those that we hail as superimposed "intellectuals"! Whats
wrong with our independent analyses with objective reasons?
The sixth sense should be used when things become contrary to one's
wishes,at least.But no! ANything that has to do with the APRC is a taboo for
some.Any person who says something in favour of the APRC is a "vampire" a
"demon".I say no to that! We know each other back home some of us do not see
the possible avenue that others who take themselves as saints here can be
better than anybody. Be it by virtue of family values or intelligence! If we
put away fabricated personal attacks we candidly know each other.Even within
GambiaL we have relatives who are very close to each other.Should i even
hesitate to tell you that Karanglang or Gelajo Bah is my blood uncle and a
close relative! We argue openly on politics but back home if the family was
to meet i dare not argue with Karanglang on certain cultural issues.So
should we be taught discipline here by people who harbour nothing relating
to it.

I find it very hard to muster what some so-called doctors and barons vomit
for us here in the name of politics and concern! concern for who? Politics
for what?

The prophet says:"show your colours even if at the point of death" So i
could've remained silent on this forum for seven good years if no cynicism
was emerging-but my coffin besides me! when irony and subjectivity have to
rule! You say all that you want but being personal is the least i can take
now.The rules are there for the rude.
Please Mr.List manager i wouldn't mind being unsubscribed but the plain
facts have to be said and period!After all what is GambiaL?

YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA BAROGEL N'DIMOU"
"Speak the speeches and let the speeches not spit you."