GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:30:12 EDT
Buharry,

You must have been keeping print-outs of virtually all the stuff i send on
this List ... geez, what a refresher that long piece of yours was. But on the
whole a part of me is flattered. Just as i was intrigued and flatterd by your
rather long piece of quotations and questions, i was rather saddened by this
comment of yours:

<< You also wrote:
"Can you kindly humour me on your differences with PDOIS?"

I'm afraid I am going to disappoint you here because I have to pass as I have
not yet entered the humour business especially when it relates to issues of
such importance as those under discussion. >>

Buharry, this is a very serious question and in all fairness, you at least
owe me an answer to that. You sent in a plethora of questions, i diligently
took my precious time and answered them as best as i could. Yet, i posed just
ONE question and you wish to wriggle out of it by disregarding the seriouness
behind the question simply because i used the phrase "humour me"??!! That is
very disappointing to say the least. The phrase you just objected to -
"humour me" - doesn't in any way stand for jocularity or lack of seriousness;
rather, it is a light hearted and, indeed, polite way of asking you to answer
a very simple question. I hope now that i've clarified the point you will
take the occasion to answer the question.

I have to get out of here in a minute; i'll do justice to your piece tomorrow
evening, when i expect to be freer. In the mean time, i trust you will also
do justice to the question i posed to you in my last piece.

All the best,

Hamjatta Kanteh