GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
yanks dabo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:09:30 +0000
Karim

Good words of advice my right hounorable friend and scholar.
I would say i did subscribe to such a view before. Hoping that this whole debate
would subside without me having a say. But it has not, in fact, what has happen is that the debate
is entering into a new face. And this time you know i won't be left behind.

According to Sankareh and the G-echo, they are ready for war against
Suntu, yet one can't help wonder what has Suntu done?

It is good that you remind me of the country that we live in the United Kingdom, history revealed that
since the passing of the Act of Union in 1706, britain had never had a Scottish premier until this year,
when Brown became one through selection rather than election. Whether he would actually be voted to remain
as premier by the English voters, will be judged very soon. However, the Royal family have always been
Scottish, since the death of the last English Tudor queen, Elizabeth the first. In this country, there has been more
of a power sharing between the two Kingdoms than that of tribal ruling over the other.

Can Gambia learn from the English? I thought we had learned under Jawara, but under Jammeh god knows where the lessons are coming
from, probably Iran. However, it cannot be said that the English and Scottish have not got their differences, even at present,
as you have given and example of the SNP. The Gambia has it's own differences, however, you will agree with me that
the British did not deal with these issues by shutting the door on the Scottish nationalists, neither have they done thesame to the
been done to the English nationalists. Of course, i would not go further to the differences with the migrant communities, as that is
completely different story of its own.

If Gambia is to learn one thing from the British, it will be to learn to debate such issues, only then truth will be established. The future
generation will be taught to understand that the Mandinkos are not as tribal as Sam Sarr is trying to protray them.
However, if that truth is distorted from being heard then that truth will be distorted from being heard forever.

"Man gains and learns nothing from censorship" Mr B O'leary

Brethren Yanks