GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matarr Sajaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:56:53 EST
Hello Fellow Lers!
   Please excuse my tardy response to the proposal to enable
Gambians in Diaspora to vote in the forthcoming elections.
I applaud your genuine interest to become part of this venture.
  I do not have all the facts, processes and contacts to initiate
this process. I am confident if the task is taken up for debate
on the list, we will undoubtedly come to a reasonable solution, that
will satisfy all parties involved.
   Active participation is going to be required to solicit interest and
mobilize people to go and vote. This is where your contributions are going
to be indispensable.
    As we move forward to free our nation from poor government and injustice
we must all come together and make our voice heard.
    George Sarr has an excellent cite which I think can be use to facilitate
discourse
on the issue and to setup virtual meetings during the period. This of course
is a suggestions and doesn't mean George has to do so.
     In conclusion I want to thank you for your response and awaits your
suggestions.
what we can do meanwhile is to continue to perform inquiry on the feasibility
of the proposal. I will send more information as they become available.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Matarr Sajaw.