GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:49:34 -0500
Brother Kebba Sanneh,
 I say AMEN my brother! I don't have Swedish crowns but you keep writing
like this Bro I'll have the dollars Fedexed to you overnight. I don't know
if your piece and that of Ebrima Ceesay's "My 27th message To Message to
Gambians" were intended to make a big guy like me cry, but all I can tell
you two is that both of you almost succeeded. Mr Sanneh, I'm not a proof-
reader nor a type-setter but I did my very best to reconstruct your piece
so those having problems with the e-mail format can peruse through it with
ease. May Allah bless The Gambia and it's People. Amin

Shed So Many Tears,
Mr Makaveli (o-;)

One week from today, we will lift the beast of burden off the back of the
Gambian nation. What does all this mean for a common man? Well it means
that the dead will be speaking to those who contributed to the unveiling
of the shadow of darkness that covered their murder. It will also remind
the nation that a body guard to the head of state needs to do more to be
guarded. I for one believed that our nation has sustained the deepest
wound during this seven years of misrule and state sponsored terrorism
against the most inocent of the contry, the students.A week from now the
wounds would healed, but the scares would remain for and go deep down into
our nations history.

The Gambian people over these years, have been kidnaped and strip off
their rights as human beings and reduced to begars in the street. The best
thing about the Gambian is to endure and face up to the difficult times
while finding the best solution to their agony. This time around, the best
solution is found. The APRC would understand that spilling the blood of a
Gambian cannot and will not be compromised. A week from today while other
Gambians are busy packing their belongings in haste to leave our dear
motherland, others would be settling in and getting ready to take up to
the challenges of democracy for the future of this God-loving people of
the Gambia.

Since Iam sure of victory for the opposition, I must say that victory for
the nation comes from the participation of&nbsp; people like those on the
Gambia-l, movement for the restoration of democracy in the Gambia and
other individuals and organisations that fought tirelessly to achieve what
is to be come the people power vesus the military and draconian rule.
A week from now, it will be new Gambia, new ruling party, new destination.
Free at last, free at last, we thank you almighty, we are free at last.
I thank you all.
Kebba Sanneh (Sweden)

Gambians Online " Designed With The Gambian People In Mind"
               http://www.gambiansonline.com