GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:34:51 GMT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below, as usual, has come from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Kebba Dampha: I am really enjoying reading your postings. You are doing a
good job and please, do keep it up.

Ebrima Ceesay

>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Cheyassin Why Not Leave "Coms" Alone
>Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:20:56 GMT
>
>Ebrima,

Cheyassin Secka continues to torment Isatou "Coms" Wadda, because the young
lady lawyer still refuses to allow him (Cheyassin) and Raymond Sock to have
access to the proceeds from the sale of the Old Court House.

And guess what happened on Thursday in the open? Well, on Thursday, the
Attorney General of The Republic of The Gambia confronted "Coms" publicly,
or should I even say physically.

Ebrima, Cheyassin Secka's public display was disgraceful, to say the least.
He did not assault or touch "Coms", but he was engaged in a shouting match
with this principled lady Lawyer over the public money. But despite all the
"threats" he made to the lady lawyer, "Coms" Wadda insisted that she will
not, and I repeat NOT, release the funds to him.

Ebrima, "Coms" Wadda is refusing to let go of the public funds which, as you
know by now, Cheyassin Secka sets his eyes on. I say bravo to Isatou "Coms"
wadda. "Coms", we are proud of you. Ebrima, we, the senior Civil Servants,
are now ready to take a stance, because, at the end of day, this is our only
country. If it is destroyed, all of us will feel the pinch.

Meanwhile, Please, Cheyassin Secka, do show a bit of respect for the Office
of AG. Take it from me that "Coms" will not let you have access to the funds
even if Yaya Jammeh were to intervene. By the way, what happened to you,
Cheyassin Secka, coming on line (on the L), or was it just one of the many
spins of Tombong Saidy?

All the same, Cheyassin Secka, I was glad that you told Yaya, in a very
clear language, that he cannot extend the current presidential term from 5
years to 7 years.