GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Secka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:38:55 -0600
Hi folks,
As we look at those things within our circle of concern, it becomes apparent
that there are somethings over which we have no real control and others that
we can do something about. Proactive people focus their efforts in the
circle of influence,they work on things they can do something about and the
nature of their energy is positive,enlarging and magnifying causing their
circle of influence to increase. This is what is required of gentle people
who want to lead The Gambia in the future. On the other hand, reactive
people focus their efforts on the weaknesses of other people and
circumstances in which they have no control.Their focus results in blaming
and accusing attitudes , reactive language, and increased feelings of
victimization.Which way do we have to take if we have the interest of the
Gambia at heart? Convince the Gambian populace sincerely or being borderline
mouthy from abroad and cause choas in the Gambia.Some people here are very
reactive and I know that they are cowards with big words.If there is to be
change in the Gambia we need to come together positively and influence the
masses and the rest will follow. Being disrecpectful and reactive does not
hold the future of our country.
Peace
Brime