GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 08:46:59 EDT
I forgot to add that having the most votes does not necessarily mean that the
people who voted for a particular party made their decision based on the
issues at hand, and those that have affected the country in the past and are
still responsible for much of our woes. Unfortunately, in Africa much of the
time, some people's decision to vote for a particular party or individual are
based on other affiliations and connections and not on the issues at all.
This is the reason why i said that having the largest number of votes does
not necessarily mean that a party or individual has the best program and that
this is what gave them these votes.
The people will make informed choices based on the issues and the knowledge
that their business will be conducted without prejudice and impartiality
across the board to all the citizens alike when they are politically educated
and informed. This is why PDOIS concentrates ion this agenda of educating the
public about their rights so they can make decisions based solely on the
ability to get every aspect of the job done. That time has not arrived in
much of Africa today, and those who undertake to tread this path know this,
and their love and dedication is what guides them to work on this long range
goal. It takes dedicated people who are not looking for self gratification in
servingtheir fellow countrymen and women.

Jabou Joh

Jabou Joh