GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:26:07 EST
Pierre,

I know exactly what you are talking about in terms of those who were dfenders
of a Regime that could do no wrong in their eyes despite the factsa to the
contrary, and only become critics after they got the boot. You are dead on about
that, and you are right, Tombong has kept the blinders on even after getting
the boot and you have ot give him credit for that. I am not sure that Dr Sedat
Jobe quit because of moral reasons, but perhaps because he had disagreements
on procedure. This Regime had already committed enough atrocities by the tiem
Sedat Jobe came on board such that any decent Gambian/Human being would have
opted not to join them, especially when they had other optiond like Sedat Jobe
had at his disposal.
I will still maintain though that these people who were once APRC insiders
can provide their compatriots valuable information and perhaps that can be a bit
of atonement for their participation in a regime that continues to gag and
kill  our people and destroying our country.
However, I still take exception to the way you phrased you viewpoint. You
essentially stated that G-L was composed of disgruntled es-APRC associates, and
you still need to rectify/qualify that statement.
Thanks.

Jabou Joh