GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
fatou camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:38:35 GMT
Ahmed,
What has speaking your mind got to do with being the mouth piece of
President Jammeh.Harona has not even at one point of his postings mention
President Jammeh,the issue was about Grts and the staff who Ebrima's source
said are all leaving the country.We should always try to think twice before
jumping into conclusions.Harona and I worked for GRTS for over 2 years and
we never did that becuase of president Jammeh,but because we like what we
were  doing and am sure the same applies to all the staff.The reason why
most of us left was because we want to go back to school,it is true that you
don't need a Phd to be a good journalist,but at the same time it's important
to have atleast good papers and be well equiped.Before most of us left, we
tried by all means to have scholarships but it was never possible.That was
why we thought we should leave and with the support of our family members go
back to school.
I have phone calls from friends back home saying that they heard we are all
running away from the TV.We didn't commit no crime and we have the right to
travel anywhere we want as long as we meet the requirements for a visa
application.Nobody should be denied a Visa if you meet the requirements.
What am trying to say is that we should stop acting as CYBER WARRIORS and
talk about issues instead of attacking people unnecessarily.This is one of
the reasons why lot of people don't want to associate themselves with the L.
Brother Ahmed, i definetly have nothing against you,am just trying to say
that we should stop personal attacks and concentrate on important issues, it
helps more!
No hard feelings,
Fatou Harona Drammeh
Michigan,USA.