GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alfusainey bah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 20:13:01 GMT
Ebrima,
     The electricity and water shortage problem in The Gambia will never be
resolved. Well, atleast not by Jammeh. He promised to electrify 98% of the
country by July 2001. Jammeh is enjoying 24 hours of electricity suppy and
does not care about the rest of the population.  I wonder if the "city of
Kanilai" is electrified.
       A few weeks ago I was reading a story on Kenya a country which is
also having serious electricity and water shortage. The biggest joke going
on in Kenya which as well can be said for Gambia goes like this; This is a
joke.  The question is what is the difference between Kenya and the Titanic?
The answer is the titanic went down with its lights on and lots of water
around it. Funny! Ain't it?
                                    Alfu