GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:35:42 EST
Dear Sheikh,

Both the mental health issues and drug abuse are really something that should
be of great concern to all of us, and i agree with you on the need to do what
we can to assist.
At this point though, i am not really sure just what form this assistance can
take. Perhaps it will help to speak with the sister  and others who are
currently doing work at Campama to see what their suggestions are regarding
the kinds of assistance they think will help. I am sure they can specify what
agencies and resources they would like to tap into, and this way, it is
possible that some of us can see what we can accomplish in terms of bringing
them together with such resources.

Just as a passing comment, I know that the rise in drug abuse among the youth
has frustration and lack of opportunities and jobs among the culprits.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 1/23/01 6:02:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]