GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"James Gomez Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:59:05 +0100
ALD 2001

The ALD organizing committee of Washington D.C. wishes to invite all Gambians and friends of Gambia to the 2001 reunion. The reunion is scheduled for Friday, May 25-27, 2001.

Chief Guest of Honor: Father Joseph A. Gough, Principal St. Augustine's High School, 1978-1983

Scheduled events includes:

1.Dance Party on Friday, Saturday and Sunday

2.Soccer tournament

3.A Picnic on Sunday after the soccer finals

4.Symposium: the theme of the symposium will focus on the upcoming presidential election. Lawyer Ousainou Darboe of UDP has confirmed. This year's symposium promises to be one of the most significant and thought provoking, as "Democracy" in Gambia will be put the test come October. We are trying to reach out to all political parties including the ruling party, to be represented during the "civil discussions" on the political social and economic future of The Gambia.

We are by no means endorsing any political party. The purpose of the symposium is to provide a forum and an opportunity for the parties to present their agenda and have a civil conversation with the audience. The location of the event will announce later.

We asked that all the states interested in participating in the soccer tournament to please forward your names to be added to the soccer schedule.

We hope that you will be able to join us for a wonderful excitement. We kindly ask all of you to share this information to all your friends. For further information, please feel free to contact the follow:

Mr. Ismiala Sanyang (301) 260-8748
Mr. Dawda Njie (240) 432-4370
Mr. Sainey sanyang (301) 460-7932
Mr. Tijan Ceesay (703) 567-0438
Mrs. Sajor Ndure
Mrs. Astrid Tasong-Christenson
Mr. Louis Thorpe (301) 439-4491
Mr. Latjor Ndow (301) 593-5844
Mr. James Gomez, Jr. (301) 871-0736

Additional development will be posted as soon as possible.

Keep Hope Alive!

James Gomez, Jr.