GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 03:30:32 EDT
        From :  Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>  Reply-To :
[log in to unmask]  Sent :  Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:03 PM  To :  [log in to unmask]
Subject :  Re: [>-<] Dr. Saine pulling on many legs/Magistrate  Darboe
(javascript:S('getmsg','','','','','326FE126-2D54-4BED-B913-688F190C3CEC','','',
'prev',''))  |
(javascript:S('getmsg','','','','','326FE126-2D54-4BED-B913-688F190C3CEC','','','next',''))  |
(http://by114fd.bay114.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg?msg=326FE126-2D54-4BED-B913-688F190C3CEC&start=0&len=24517&msgread=1
&imgsafe=y&curmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&a=b4cac9f98f915d421210
42f1972187293923ead5b285c0348901585e1e#)  | _Inbox_
(javascript:HM('curmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001'))
[ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "Haruna  Darbo" ]

Yero, Lamin,
I went through the exchange below but I got lost  somewhere.
“Your mail  alludes to the above from Dr Saine’s interview.”LJ
[Yes,  perfectly right. Thanks for extracting the particular portion for
quick reference for all readers.] Yero.
“Since you  floated this very idea some months ago, I wonder what rationale
underlies this particular thinking.”LJ
[Your choice of word  “floated” respected as opinion difference but you
missed it. As far  as I know, there isn’t any random movement on the matter, or to
say  “suspension.” May be you are better asking for the progress
registered, and how much of consultation was done within and  outside, ranging from
acquisition of a venue, material support, and  consultation down to the main
opposition leaders and their key  associates in the Diaspora.] Yero.
Yero, Lamin  wanted to know the rationale for a National Unity Conference of
Diasporan Gambians with the attachments about opposition  leaders or parties.
Putting semantics aside, I am also confused as  to the purpose. The way I
understood it, it is an effort to unite  disparate diasporans so we can build a
sense of comraderie and trust  among each other to be leveraged in our future
endeavours for  Gambia. I'm not sure how consultation with opposition parties
fits  into that purpose. Unless of course there is a sub-agenda of the
conference.
[In  addition to list of would-be-speakers, to which your name even  appeared
twice on the mail. Sadly, the late Dr. Langlee will not  witness any of such,
but his name was suggested also.]  Yero.
I  suggest you share with us all who our panelists are Yero.
“Like you,  Dr Saine’s proposal is lacking in serious and substantial
justification.”LJ
[I understand your frustration on the matter.  It’s a free world, so attached
to it, “freedom” and free way of  thinking, initiating ideas, calling for
unification, so on and so  forth. I respect Dr. Saine’s take on the matter
because it resonates  with mine. However, I will limit myself to your challenge on
my  part, and excuse my thread that I cannot talk on behalf of the man.  For
the information of this forum, I once consulted him on the  issue, as a way of
milking ideas from a learned and professional man  of our time with versatile
experience, just like I will do with you  or any other person. In fact, I did
with many others here by e-mail  or telephone, from Europe, America, Asia and
Africa. Your usage of  the word “serious” in the above could as well be
termed lacking  “serious” or “substantial justification” since you only threw a
dry  cap. I am not wearing that cap because it doesn’t fit me. Or to say  not
aware of the level the idea propagated and what was the  feedback.] Yero.
This is  where the two of you started to lose me or more specifically Lamin
started to lose me.
Lamin, it is quite disappointing that you view Dr. Saine's  proposal as
lacking in serious and substantial justification. The  proposal is that after our
experiences in STGF, STGDP, NADD, and ARC  and the attendant acrimony prevalent
among us diasporans, we must  resolve to begin anew, adroit. Dr. Saine
suggested and I agreed that  instead of immediately beginning another effort to
encourage a  coalition of opposition parties, it would be wise to bridge the
divide among diasporan Gambians in order that our synergies can be  more
efficiently leveraged. In other words to create the requisite  national ambiance for
future common engagements. That is the  rationale and I think it is serious and
substantive. I encourage you  to reconsider the value of such communion.
[I  thank all those that contributed in ideas, greatly.]  Yero.
This is  grateful of you Yero, and Lamin alluded to the need for such
communion some months back and I know he is among the folk you just  thanked. Even
the effort to encourage a coalition of opposition  parties is premised on such
communion.
[If  I remember correctly, your reference to such a conference was along  the
lines of a necessity for national reconciliation.]  Yero.
That's what  I meant Lamin encouraged.
"Alongside  the “opposition leaders”, are you minded to invite our
healer-President to such a national reconciliation  jamboree?”LJ
Lamin I know  you're being fastitious here.
[Yes, your  memory is sharp. That was part of my line of thinking. In fact,
lekki (In Atlanta) was one such believers of Jammeh attending the  same
jamboree, if you will allow me to borrow it from you.]  Yero.
Woh  woh woh woh!!! Yero, tell me you're not serious. This is one of the
reasons I think you're unduly burdening the National Unity  Conference for
diasporans. I withdraw my pledge of $3000.00 toward  logistics for the conference if
Yahya will be a participant in it. I  don't mind APRC supporters
participating and I think we should  encourage that but Yahya? A outhou Billaah.
[I  respect much the advice and line of thinking he had then. Yes, to  reveal
to the public here that the matter was long since  communicated to the
opposition, except for one who was out of the  country at the time. It was bond that
the matter was confidential,  and they said well of their honest views on the
matter which I  respect much. They were very open to any such move.]  Yero.
Ma  Yero, could you humor me then what the reason for your desire to  keep
your activities toward a National Unity Conference of  Diasporans a secret from
diasporans but it is valuable to consult  with the opposition leaders and to
consider inviting Yahya???????  There's something I don't understand here. Tell
me you're  joking.
[See, when  you are undergoing the process, you learn from it. You develop
mature ideas from the initial point; hence the human thinking can  never be
stagnant. You change from one good idea to the best one.  One of the people to
have pioneered the idea here, if my memory  serves me well, was Haruna Darboe.
Much respect to the guy,]  Yero.
Thank you  Yero but I learned of the idea from one of our fellow citizens at
Ellen, his name escapes me at the moment. When I shared the idea  here, you
were one of the first people to second it. So I thought  it'd be a great idea
if you and Gainako were to sponsor such an  occasion to which you delightfully
acquiesced. I consulted with Dr.  Saine and I shared his collaborative
insights here with  everyone. And you have been tirelessly working on oputting it
together with assistance from your able associates at Gainako. And  you ought to
be commended for it. While I'm here, I wonder if you  would consider
consulting with The Gambia Echo, The Point, The  Independent, GambiaNews, and other
Gambian newspapers and seek  their assistance. It could be valuable.
[he  even pledged some financial support incase the event is to
materialize.] Yero.
Yero, I  pledged financial support for logistics to coordinate a Diaspora
National Unity Conference. Not after it succeeds. The support  was meant to help
it succeed. However, with your expanded purpose, I  will not complete my
pledge because the scope and nature of the  conference have been alttered. Unless
of course you were being  sarcastic.
[I  understand that such calls were made my others in other forums,  probably
to which I didn’t follow well, or simply not a member to.  Much respect to
those also. If it takes to steal a good idea and  implement it, hei “fire”. If
one can read one’s book or written  piece from some brilliant person and
implement it, hei “fire.” Then,  one becomes a good thief.] Yero.
There was no  stealing here. And I don't think Lamin implies there was one.
There  is no such thing as a good thief Yero. Be careful. A thief is always
bad.
[As  well, ideas can be of coincidence. I am sure many have positive ways  of
thinking, though; they might be shy, diffident or simply lacking  the spirit
to put it forward. Though carefulness must be exercise in  making these calls,
but one must never give it the “wait lets  see” ideology.] Yero.
You  just wanted to say this didn't you?
[I  won’t mind displaying some of the pieces that were thrown out there.  I
knew a day will come when I will have to account for my words,  carefully
written in the most honest way.] Yero.
Settle down  men.
“Since Dr  Saine is not here to address issues regarding an undefended
proposal,”LJ
There is no  proposal for Dr. Saine to defend Lamin. Dr. Saine was giving us
his  unequivocal support should we embark on a National Unity conference.  I
hope you see value in such an endeavour. I gotta come talk to you  men; longing
around in your friggin pool. Tell me you're just  messing with Yero.
[I  don’t know if the guy is in this forum or not, though for the short  time
I have been at the Gpost, I never remember seeing his thread  here. That doesn
’t tell me he is not here either. He could as well  be a reader like the
thousand others. But I can forward anything to  this forum, just like everyone
else does, as long as it doesn’t  infringe on some one else’s freedom. For a
fact, the said interview  with except above is carried by a widely read newspaper
that simply  requires just having internet and you will be on the piece.]
Yero.
What da  khell?? If you start forwarding stuff to Dr. Saine I'll wring your
small neck. Lamin is just pulling your friggin legs. Men. You guys  get so
easily unsettled, you scare the hell outta me. Settle  down.
“why do  you,”LJ

[Why not me? Why not you? Why not everyone else who  truly believe in true
redemption? Who is excluded except the one  that excludes him or her self? The
answer to these questions will be  my answer to you, my
brother.] Yero.
Indeed  Lamin. I would answer the same way to you. I think you just felt
like giving Yero a hard time today.
“and  Gainako,”LJ
Say  What??? I'm beginning to feel there's some underlying anxieties here
Lamin that do not have anything to do with a National Unity  Conference. Tell me
it ain't so.
[Point of  correction: Gainako is only a medium of communication, a media
outlet, like the very tool you and I are communicating right now.  They [Gainako
to which I am a consortium of] beliefs in promoting  democracy and freedom.
They promote positive agendas and engage  instrumental figures in the society
in their own little way.
I  wish the name was not even in your thread, to help me avoid  answering
questions individually pertaining to that forum. Little or  big, just some
excerted effort meant in a positive way.]  Yero.
No  Yero, if I were you, I'd be proud that Gainako has agreed to  undertake
such effort. I don't believe Lamin has an issue with  either you or Gainako
sponsoring the event. I think I'm getting a  headache!!  Lamin where have you
been anyway for the past few  months. I have not been reading you like I always
loved to. You must  have been extremely busy. Say hi once in a while. I always
ask about  you to a mutual friend. I understand you're affected by a certain
unfortunate incident. Please accept my unequivocal  support.
“take a  similar view that the political Diaspora should concern itself with
such a conference at this point in time?” LJ.
Yes. I am  with you on this Lamin if I understand your angst. I think it is
ill-advised to include the opposition leaders with a view to  expanding the
scope of the conference at this time. Certainly not  Yahya. Yero, I encourage
you to reconsider your expanded  scope.
[Good one.  Like they say “better late than never.” Is it late magistrate
Darboe? Many others did their part, certainly. Should this struggle  be limited
to that? In my humble opinion, an emphatic “no” and  that’s why “time” is
there to be the master. Diaspora Gambia will be  very instrumental towards any
unification of Gambians
at home. I  am sure you agree to this without a second thought.]  Yero.
Hah????  You're losing me Yero. Like I said, I encourage you to revisit your
scope of work.
“If  you are not the originator of the idea, why do you think you are
adequately positioned to midwife such a proposal?” LJ.
Lamin, I  think it is unwise to suggest that only the originator of ideas of
national import ought to midwife implementation of such ideas.  Certainly the
honour should be accorded fellow citizens. That is  where communion begins. I
cannot believe you would have a problem  with Yero or Gainako husbanding this
event. Its only a National  Unity Conference. You guys are totally confusing
the heck outta me.  Is there really any problem?? Yero, I think you could do
us all a  favour by limiting your scope to the initial idea and not unduly
burden yourself. Because if you don't you have lost Lamin and  myself. If you
intend to stick with the expanded scope, I have to  reconsider my support or
participation. I will still love you for  your efforts.
"I  thought we haven’t come to that part yet, but you are a very smart
thinker. Who is the originator and what has he been doing towards  the proposal? I
would like to know and rally behind the guy humbly.  Like clearly stated
before, its no one left behind, except the one  that felt isolated in putting their
stake upfront. I am never afraid  to put my points across, in as much as I
know it’s a good  undertaking." Yero.
You  guys are a handful. Originator of what?????? At a boy  Yero.
Note: By the  way, thank you for a thread. I wish all should be probed in a
similar manner at any time, done in a way to promote and support  healthy
discourses without hidden motive to underrate or bring down.  Such will be very
brotherly. Catch you later on this debate. Humbly  submitted," Yero, aog.
That's the  spirit. I hope Lamin will reconsider his disposition. I hope you
will consider the scope of works too gaddamn it. Haruna. Go away you  two.
Darbo!!!What????