GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 21:47:19 -0400
MEET THE DIASPORA SUMMIT

July fourth 2003 in Atlanta is poised to be the biggest celebration ever. A celebration usually dominated by parties, football matches and out door picnics, but for this July Fourth, the biggest discussion forum in the Diaspora has become the major attraction. Diasporeans in the USA and Europe are all heading to Atlanta to meet the entire Gambia political leadership for the “Meet the Diaspora Summit”. Invitations are extended to The Secretary General of UDP, The Secretary General of APRC, The Secretary General of NDAM, The Secretary General of NRP, The Secretary General of PDOIS, and The Secretary General of PPP.

The inspiration behind the summit: Atlanta, Georgia is one of the largest Gambian communities in the Diaspora, an ideal place for such a meeting. It is also a reality that Gambians living outside of the Gambia are an important and relevant component to the political, social and economic developmental issues confronting our country. Gambians in the Diaspora have a choice, we can reach out to political, religious and civic leaders in the Gambia, and establish effective dialogue, and become a relevant party to our quest for a developed Gambia. Or we can squander our responsibilities to make a difference by becoming nothing more that an irrelevant protesting voice.

This meeting is seen as a beginning to build the bridge that will ultimately bring about hope to the future development of our country.

Stay tuned for the proposed agenda and a detailed program of the summit. Book your plane tickets, reserve your car rental and head to Atlanta for THE BIGGEST JULY FOURTH EVER.

AGERA.