GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:54:15 +0000
Joe Sambou,
That was a very well thought piece. I can certainly see from which angle you
are coming from. Your mind is already made up. You feel that hence Baba Jobe
is sanctioned, Jammeh is also involved. This is what I think may not be
right. The UN resolution never pointed at Jammeh. It pointed at Baba as an
individual. I have no doubt that they must have some kind of an evidence,
but don't you think we all deserves to know what they are? And do you think
if the UN has something against Jammeh like they do against Baba or Taylor
as alladged, they would not have said so? I am just curious.
I see that you tried to attach President Jammeh to Milosovik. These are very
different people. Milosovik raised a war against his own people. And
remember, one tribe/ethnic group against the other was how he played his
cards. Jammeh has tried to bring us together than any of our plitical
leaders. Of course there is still room for improvement, but let us not be
too emotional to dictate out thoughts.

Lamin Ceesay.