GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 19:19:35 +0100
brother joe ,our state is completely sad. i was following the past elections in sierra leon my birth country .that country went through hell and back yet they were able to vote into office an oppossition ,whilst us after 40 years we didn't seems to learn any thing .what an irony .

Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Suntou, I laughed in other not to ruin my day. The very ignorance and sycophancy that Lamin et al alluded to earlier. These folks know exactly what they are doing and are very calculating and they will continue to do so after Yaya if the status quo continues. These are once part of the so-called educated group that you encountered. Some of them performed the same buffoonery when Jawara ran our ship and have now adapted to Yaya, and will attempt with another if longevity favors them. Some of our people do not get formal education to uplift anything around them but their selfish interest, thus, the reason why many don't grow professionally. Most of their time is spent in sycophancy and they have no self worth.

Typical sycophancy, they all converge on Yaya's illegally obtained farm and called it benefitting the whole nation; food self sufficiency, etc. The stuff Gambians around Yaya say in the frenzy of sycophancy should be a subject of study to understand the mechanics of such a brain, where one strips themselves voluntarily of their dignity and self worth, what ever is left of it, to play the role of a door mat. If our nation populated with such mindset as it is does not need transformation, what does? Whether PDOIS is around or not, any individual with an ounce of self worth should not stomach to debase themselves to this low. However, why is it that our population sank to such depths, from the so-called educated to the unschooled, from the religious dealers to the congregation, across ethnic, gender, and age? What is that seed that was sown to germinate to this Gambian citizen? Did we acquire this gene trait pre-colonization, during colonization, or post colonizasion? It
 certainly manifested itself within the last 45 years and it is becoming not the last resort, but first option. This behavior is by no means restricted to those on the ground alone. You find it in Atlanta, DC, NY, NC, Chicago, etc., and you'd be very surprised how many surface when Yaya comes to the US, or his wife, etc. Not too long ago, our fellow Gambians in a state near you were about to kill each other because of a stolen donation of $20,000 that Yaya poisoned them with. Many are here lobbying daily to be hired by Yaya, just like Morro Sanneh, Amadou Janneh, Omar Fye, DK Jawara, and some day soon Waa Juwara and other unsuspecting Gambian near you. The cure to our ailment lies in each and every Gambian to at the very basic level develop a sense of worth. Without which, we will continue to sink into sycophancy and other self destruct vices that perpetuates the environment that Yaya fosters. These are live Gambians to proove the point of our ailment.

Chi Jaama

Joe