GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Raye Sosseh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:51:34 -0400
List Members,

My initial posting was intended to be a private reply   ………… I will however
go on the record and condemn the shootings of April 10.  I can't add to the
outrage that has already been expressed on the list.

We can do a couple of things from this end to get answers to the ridiculous
loss of life as a result of the shooting events.   I am however puzzled by
the lack of action on the part of the Gambian citizenry back home in
demanding an answer to one basic question

What were the commands given to those responsible for diffusing the riots?
And who gave those orders?

The AG should then be challenged to bring those involved to justice.  Our
folks back home should take the lead in getting this issue resolved.  It is
the responsibility of the citizenry to demand answers from their
Government.  If the electorate is not satisfied with the answers given by
their Government, they will have the opportunity to exercise their God
given right to choose those who represent them.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness are so fundamental to our
existence that it should not take the senseless killings of school children
for the Gambian Citizenry to express their outrage.

I challenge The Gambian People back home to make the death of those
children not go in vain.

Raye Sosseh

George Woodruff School of Mechanical Eng.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
email: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

                 " I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."
                                                         Albert Einstein