GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 20:16:41 EDT
Thanks everyone for your responses to that farce of a letter written by the
Gambian government to the IMF and the equally wanting response from the IMF.
In retrospect, the report by the IMF was so skeletal and devoid of any
content that analyzing it would be a real waste of time.  Instead, condemning
it as a farce would be more befitting.  KB and Hamjatta, you did a good job
of this.  Therefore, I apologize for being nit picky about the technicalities
of your responses to the report.

 I  admire the insight contained in the well written articles you both bring
to the table in respect to the travesties being carried out back home.
Though only there in spirit, you are both an integral part of the struggle in
Cyberspace against the demon from Kanilai.  KB, I must say though that I am
very much against the "violence at all costs" alternative that you have
adopted.  This said, we should leave that debate for another day, because as
they say: United we stand and divided we fall."  I would rather have you in
my camp or vice versa in the struggle against the oppressors.

Angelika, thanks for your suggestions about the different aspects of the
economy that can be studied.  Hopefully, in the very near future, we will
have an atmosphere that will be more conducive to this type of research.  I
am sure that after the dust has completely settled anyone that does this type
of research shall discover some alarming results.  I shudder at the thought
of the damage that will be uncovered.

Have a nice day everyone!