GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:00:04 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/01 7:30:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Thank you Jabou for the concern you show for your fellow citizens.

apologies first for the lack of capitalization, my keyboards here at this
location are sticking this morning.

thanks haruna. i am glad latir sent the follow-up, but i just want to tell
everyone to be a little bit extra careful with everything as they go about
their day to day affairs in these times.
not to panic, but just a little more careful for the sake of safety.

terrible incidents, or suggestions thereof always bring out all of the
copycat fruitcakes and you never know.
here in tennessee, we have had a number of bomb threats called in to work
places since this incident in new york. one of them was a couple of days
after the attacks in new york, and it was called in to a high rise downtown,
and my  youngest daughter, whose school had not opened yet,  had a summer job
in a law firm there, so you can imagine how i felt.
we even had one out of fort campbell kentucky just down the road, and the
person that called it in was an army revervist.
not to mention the  elementary school bus driver who took off, fortunately
after dropping the kids off, and claimed that she was hijacked. she gave
detailed describtions of the hijackers, only to have an investigation reveal
that she had made the entire story up. someone also mailed something to an
office in brentwood and when it was opened, everyone in the office got sick
from fumes emenating from the package. just a good idea to be extra cautious
without being fanatical about it.

jabou