GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:57:38 GMT
Katim,

I thank you for a great job! However, I join Karamba in giving you "heads
up" on your assertion on the elections, and tractors donated by Yaya Jammeh.
Please ensure that these words are put in quotes in the final copy. Yaya
neither "won" the elections, nor "donated" tractors to famers! Except for
him and his criminal cohorts, there's not a single right-thinking person on
the planet who believes that this boy had won the '96 elections. And
regarding the tractor "donations," this boy took a D52M loan from Taiwan in
the name of the Gambia, he circumvented the proper channels, and bought
tractors with the money to "donate" to Gambian farmers. Now, how
the hell can you take money from MY Checking Account, and turn around and
"donate" ME that money? And that's the exact scenario we have here. So, is
it a donation in a real sense? I don't think so!
So in order not to give those unfamiliar with these issues the wrong
impression, do put such words in quotation marks so they reflect the
reality. Otherwise, I thank you very much for all the effort.

Saul.