GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rene Badjan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:52:10 EST
  Saul,
       Thanks for your observation. I may have been away from the Gambia for
too long, but PDOIS and Halifa Sallah in particular, are two unseparable
forces that I am most familiar with. I have known and followed Halifa's voice
keenly, even before he burst into the Gambian political scene. I know
everything that he stands for, and I also know everything that he doesn't
stand for. I am conversant with the fact that, Halifa would be the last
person who would want to be idolized or have his praises sang, and I would be
the last person who would condescend to a hero worship. What I have done is
changed the dynamics, and used my opinion to resell the character of a man,
whom others have used their opinion to sell the character that they want of
the man. I think this should be considered a very reasonable approach, and
Halifa could now as he has started to do, unravel himself so that people will
understand the man behind the characater. Let us give him this opportunity.
Sincere regards.

     Rene