GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:11:56 EDT
Tombong,

Is this really for our benefit or for propaganda? Perhaps you people should
post this newsworthy information on the Jammeh.org site because this is the
kind of stuff that is passed on as progress while the economy is sinking and
no one dares speak their mind for fear of being visited in the night by the
NIA.

As ther director of GRTS, you should be  directing your reporters to comb the
country investing allegations of mistreatment at the hands of the Jammeh
regime, as well as all the other things that are more newsworthy such as the
upcoming elections and what both the general public and the opposition
parties are doing, and what their messages to the people are. Of course this
should also include the APRC, but instead, you are reporting about a ship
that just docked with a generator that we should have had years ago.

The fact that the Jammeh camp, complete with their mouthpiece and chief
propaganda emmissary, our illustrous director see the provision of basic
goods and services to the Gambian people as breaking news  goes to show you
that we are dealing with very simple minds here. What a cheap shot, but it is
consistent at least.

Jabou Joh