GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:57:51 -0500
As Gambians, it is our responsibility as citizens to speak loud and clear to issues that fundamentally confront and impact the direction of our country. Gambians will be heading to the pools come October 2006. This will be an opportunity to either choose for the continuation of the Jammeh rule of tyranny, or opt for a change that will steer the country onto safer waters. Gambians living in the Diaspora are denied this right because the Jammeh regime knows that the majority of us would without an iota of a doubt definitely vote against him. Even in the absence of this right, there is still a huge impact that we all possess as a group, and the president is very concerned with that power.

The Gambian Diasporans role in the future of our country is huge, and this is not a responsibility that we can just turn our face against. As President Jammeh continues to wreck havoc to the Gambian economy, the good sons and daughters living in the Diaspora continues to help our folks, and ironically that is what keeps the Gambian economy a float. Loans and grants from the IMF, World Bank, other funding agencies, and yes, Gambians on the Diaspora are responsible for the flicker of light in the Gambian economy. While our president is busy buying and justifying the purchase of Limousines, reaffirming the social challenges and the irresponsibility of such a leader, we are on a daily basis making and contributing to our economy. Take for instance the survival of an average pensioner, like Uncle Charles Forster who worked for the Gambia for the past fifty years of his life, and only receives a D200.00 monthly stipend. This D200.00 twenty years ago when it started is now only worth less than D10.00 for Uncle Charles to feed his family and retires honorably. But, somehow president Jammeh thinks that purchasing a limousines, worth God knows how much is more important than the lives of the the Uncle Charlies.. Brothers and sisters, now is definitely not the time to quit.

Our entire country is held hostage by irresponsible young men, who lacked the ability, responsibility and discipline to manage the affairs of our country. If we allow our frustration to get the best of us, then these social misfits will win, and our country will be destroyed. Like you, STGDP was looking forward to a united opposition, and with that we will carve out a sustained financial strategy to finance the election which will definitely send Jammeh packing. In the past, your contribution during the bi-elections was clear testimony that there is definitely power with us that can bring about change. We definitely cannot quit now, and your contribution, that power is still needed to pursue and bring an end to tyranny in the Gambia. Now is definitely not the time to even contemplate giving up. Let us step back. For the sake of Binta Jawney, a pregnant woman in Dankunku who does not have access to health care; for the sake of Uncle Charles, a pensioner at Dobson Street in Banjul, whose D200.00 monthly stipend has dwindle down in real terms to D10.00, as his only income; for the sake of Worry Jallow, a farmer at Kerr Oldy, whose only income is his peanuts that the government for the past ten years has not been able to purchase; we definitely cannot throw in the towel because of the dashing of our hopes by the opposition. STGDP will continue to pursue the idea of a coalition vigorously, and without a doubt there will be a coalition that will eventually send Jammeh packing. But for all of us to be prepared, all of us have to remain focus and send your financial contribution, and together we will bring about change to the lives of our people.

Your financial contribution is still an important and required component to the whole strategy, and you cannot quit now. Please send your contribution to the below address:

STGDP
PO Box 48321
Doraville, GA. 30362

Wachovia Bank ( #2000021763926; routing #061000227)

Folks, finally, this election is about competence, integrity, what it takes to bring about meaningful change, and the future of our generation. With your help, STGDP working with NADD under the leadership of Halifa Sallah, this is one ride that is worth taking because undoubtedly it will take us to safer waters, and every Gambian knows that. Please contact STGDP, and let us put all hands on deck and together we will put honesty, truthfulness, strong leader, durable intellect, responsibility, decency, humility, and a person that will fight for all poor people, to the State house. The fundamental question that all Gambians should ask, if you were to leave this world today, in whose hands will you be comfortable to leave your seven year old with? It is the future of our very existence as Gambians is at stake. What will you do?

Thanks

Musa jeng

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい