GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:42:30 +0000
Sanusi,

The significance of this is that the UDP/PPP merger would have been much
more effective if a little bit more time and effort were put into their
talks to bring all onboard. It seems that recent movements of supporters
have been either from the UDP to NCP or from the UDP/PPP to the APRC. A
notable move to the APRC in recent weeks had been the likes of Aji Musukeba
Drammeh and those close to her and Bakary Santang Bojang, a former national
mobiliser of the PPP, who is now the regional mobiliser of the APRC in
Brikama. If this trend continues, who do you think would be the loosers,
APRC or the opposition? Suppose again that there was going to be a second
round of voting (a very remote possibility) and there is not much between an
NCP presidential candidate and Mr. Ousainou Darbo, do you think the
candidate that polled less will be as enthusiastic to campaign for the other
or that his supporters will enthusiastically campaign or vote for the other?

I await your thoughts on these.

Have a good day, Gassa.