GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 16:37:49 +0200
This incident is terrifying  and my thoughts goes to Mr. Christensen and his
staff.
At the same time I say this is yet another "case" where the gambian police
supported the NIA can demonstrate to me and everyone, that they are
efficient professionals. Till now I´m not impressed how they do their job by
the information on the reported incidents over the past few months.
They have produced nothing visible from the 10.-11. april incident, nothing
which has lead to any arrests of any murders or any persons who has burned,
smashed national or private property. Nor am  I  impressed by their "work"
on the Basse- incident, when it comes to proper criminal investigations. So
let´s see if they can handle this one. If they have control, they should
within short time know who have access to tear-gas, what kind of tear-gas,
etc. And due to their night-inspection around that area every night, I
should not think that any criminals could get away, without being captured
shortly after. We are talking about Keiraba Avenue. I expect to see clear
information in the news within very short time, that the police or military
is on the track of the bandits. Else I will still think that the only thing
they are good in is to show up, but not doing their job. Let them convince
me that they are trained and can do a job.
Asbjørn Nordam