GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:31:26 +0000
Ams, yes they did act professional.  However, if, like the civilians, these
Senegalese soldiers were not armed to the teeth, would our security forces
have acted the same way as they did?  In my view, the deference in their
actions lies in the arms these Senegalese souldiers were carrying.  I may be
wrong, but given their history, they will pounce on the unarmed.

Back pedaling to the start, were these soldiers not seen by our border
security at Selete?  If so, how did they manage to surprise our internal
security forces?  Are we saying that our border guards did not call their
superiors to alert them of this foreign contingent, so, their route can be
monitored.  Let's say these Senegalese soldiers had other motives and were
not there to meet up and escort a Commander, would our security folks even
know that we had intruders?   Why does it have to take civilians at the
market for our security forces to be alerted.  How did these soldiers also
escape not been seen by the many checkpoints in the country from Brikama to
Banjul?  Huuuuummm!  This is a clue to something.

Chi Jaama

Joe