GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:36:50 -0000
Lamin, I believe something must be wrong with. You wrote:

"The  only  times  you  mentioned  any  statements  unfavourable  to  the
APRC  was  when  you  were  cornered  by  KB  and  Hamza.  Your  stating
that  the  Gov.  should  be  held  responsible  for  the murder  of  our
kids  was  inadvertent. You  never  initiated  that  statement.  Deep down
in  me,  i  know  you  wish  you  had  not  said  that".  This is
abosulutely false. I have said it over and over that I am not here to defend
that I don't know or believe in. You may check through the archives and you
will realise that when unfavourable deeds of the government are posted and I
believe them, I always concede. What would the forum be like if we all
agreed on everything that the other says without taking a critical look at
it? The onus is on people who wish to convince me that the situation here,
in The Gambia, is very terrible to put forward their arguements. I will also
endevour to put forward counter arguements. Saul, Prince, Hamjatta, KB and
Dampha can all attest to that fact.

You also wrote:

"Your  contention  that  all  these  schools  and  hospitals  should  be
built  with  or  without  doctors  and  or  teachers to  fill  them  is
senseless".

Not once did I infer that schools or hospitals should or are being built
without staff. On the contrary, as far as I know, not one school or hospital
is unstaffed. I have also stated that those who say schools or hospitals
should not be built because of staffing problems are talking rubbish. I even
went further to ask whether such people would rather wait until the
requisite staff, or equipment in the case of hospitals, before these
infrastructure are built.

As for whether am Sarjo Jallow or not, only someone who is exceptionally
stupid would even think that a secretary of state with all his heavy
schedule, will waste his time engaging any of you on matters that will only
distract him. Am enjoying these debates now only because I am on leave with
not much to do at the moment.

Bye 4Now, KB Jobe.