GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PATRICK GOMEZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:53:02 -0500
Ebou, in reaction to Omar Joof you said
"In any
> case one fact is constant, Imam Fatty is currently exploiting the moral
> authority of the clergy, just like Bin Ladin and the Taliban, in order
> to undermine the legitimate political order."

Now, I don't intend to challenge the crebility of this assertion of yours because you are all birds of the same feather. Or should I say leeches of the same skin?????
my point of contention is the very salient truth in your "constant fact", a truth you seem to deliberately ignore or are completely unaware of. Ebou, Imam Fatty did not spring from heaven (or afghanistan) into the hitherto influential position he held in the state house and the country as a whole. He was installed in place by a political leader, who certainly should not idly sit back and watch him "exploit........in order to undermine the legitimate political order." Now, who is to blame for Imam Fatty's follies, if any, and who should stop him.
Hey, in case you haven't figured it out yet I think I should warn you. Your friend might not like your allusion to the bin laden-taliban relationship (this association of yours conjures clear images that prompt one to look up any similarities with this former band of bandits ). this will not help your craved-for reconciliation, so watch your words!!!!!!!

Patz.