GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jamila Allston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 13:09:35 -0700
In a message dated 8/11/2000 6:10:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

From: Gloria Taliaferro <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, August 11, 2000 9:16 AM
Subject:  You can still vote.

Yesterday in the Chicago Tribune, U.S. Representative Bobby Rush
(D-IL)told a joint hearing of the Chicago City Council Finance and
Human Relation Committee that descendants of  Africian-American slaves
deserve compensation from the U.S. Government.  I would like all of
you, recipients of this message to go in the computer and vote.  These
people know that many Black homes do not have computers and are aware
that we as a people don't vote, therefore they are basing Bobby Rush's
agenda on weather or not we go into the computer and vote sets the tone
if they will pass this reparation.  I for one don't care if I get
compensation for being a descendant of slaves or not, but let's think
of our children and their children, children.

Please pass this on and YOU go into the computer and vote. Right now,
they have 22% for and 75% against.  We know who that 75% is, don't we.

Please vote and look at the results at
www.chicagotribune.com/go/reparations

<http://www.chicagotribune.com/go/reparations>>

 Don't forget to send this to at least 10 people.