GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:38:51 -0400
The dastardly act that befell our children on April 10 and 11, 2001 alone
should make the Gambian people REPUDIATE Yaya and his gang of trigger-happy
thugs. When Yaya ordered his security forces ‘to fill the RVH Mortuary with
the dead bodies of our children if the children struck against his
government’, Yaya forfeited his right to lead our peace-loving nation with
its peaceful people. Any leader that is capable of committing such a
cowardly and heinous act, does NOT deserve to roam the streets of Banjul as
a free citizen, let alone claim the leadership of our country. Yaya and his
cohorts belong in jail after the full weight of the law has been dropped on
them. This bunch of bandits should be hoist to court, tried, and have the
book thrown at them.

This atrocity committed against the Gambian people should NEVER go
unpunished. Gambians should NOT allow Yaya and his cohorts (like Joseph
Joof) to cover-up this horrendous crime against the most vulnerable in our
society (children as young as three). To make matters worse, Yaya has no
remorse for the crime he has committed. The moron has always maintained that
our children got what they deserved. Yaya tried unsuccessfully to pin
responsibility for this crime to other innocent people. He accused parents
of not bringing up their children properly. He accused the Opposition for
instigating the children. He NEVER accepted responsibility. Yet his
supporters want the Gambian people to just forgive and forget. Well, the
Gambians should tell Yaya in no uncertain terms that the lives of our
children are more valuable to us than that.

Our children were fighting for all of us on those fateful days when they
exercised their constitutional rights and struck against the Dictatorship.
The children had every right to strike against a tyrannical government that
refused to mete justice on thugs that murdered a fellow student and raped
another. Our children were vindicated months later when this criminal
government covered up the Ebrima Barry case and unleashed to the general
public the thugs that murdered Ebrima Barry. To this day, no one has paid
for the heinous crime against Ebrima Barry that prompted our children to
strike on April 10 and 11, 2000. Cuban doctors went to court and told
blatant LIES and had a foreign judge in collaboration with a foreign
prosecutor set the perpetrators of the crime against Ebrima Barry scot-free.

So, in the eyes of Yaya and his cohorts, our children died for nothing. The
fallen comrade our children were fighting for, NEVER got justice and will
NEVER get justice so long as Yaya is in power. The families of the children
that died on April 10 and 11, 2000 will also NEVER get justice so long as
Yaya is in power. The numerous victims that suffered injuries will also
NEVER get justice under Yaya’s watch. Just witness the despicable behavior
of vermin like Joseph Joof. When our children were slaughtered on April 10
and 11, 2000, he was the president of the Bar Association. To this day, the
coward has NEVER uttered one critical word against this criminal government
because of the horrendous human rights abuses. Instead Joof lobbied to be
appointed in that bogus Commission of Inquiry looking into the MASSACRE of
our children.

Now we all know what came out of that Commission’s report. NOTHING. When
Gambia needed Joseph Joof (after providing for his education) Joseph Joof
FAILED the country woefully. Now all he does is follow morons like Yankuba
Touray on the APRC campaign trail making a fool of himself. The vermin is
ready to disown his own family in order to please Yaya. But Joseph Joof and
his boss did not just stop at doctoring a bogus commission report. The
vermin went ahead and passed the most diabolical decree ever passed in our
country. The Dictatorship and their cronies in Parliament passed a decree
that in essence said that it was all right to slaughter our children in cold
blood in broad daylight. As we speak/write Joseph Joof is using this very
decree in court against the husband of his sister-in-law. How low can one
be? Yaya has enslaved vermin like Joseph Joof. Left to them, they will
enslave the whole country. They will annihilate us and kill our children and
then say that we should NOT even talk about it.

This heinous act against our children and the families that lost loved-ones
should wipe out any good these people have ever done in their lives. We
should NOT trade the lives of our children with the token projects the
vermin are embarked on. Any government can implement those projects. Darboe
can do a far better job implementing these projects than Yaya. After all,
Yaya is a High School drop out with no worldly experience. Only time he
traveled out of the country before 1994 was when he came to America for six
months. The man is a moron. Gambians should NEVER settle for killers because
of promises about projects. These projects will NEVER happen again under
Yaya. These projects depend on aid (and NOT Allah’s Bank) from friendly
countries. As we all know now, thanks to thugs like Baabaa Jobe and
ignoramuses like Fatoumatta Jahumpa, all the civilized nations are
proscribing Gambia. Yaya is overseeing an outlawed state.

Gambians should repudiate the criminals that slaughtered our children and
denied their families justice. Darboe should be the next leader of the
country. He will restore law and order in the country and use his vast
experience to implement projects Yaya and his cohorts CANNOT even dream
about in their little brains. I am sure Gambians have noticed how Yaya and
his cohorts are NOT even talking about Darboe. They have no dirt on the man.
Their gutter politics will NOT work on Darboe. All APRC is doing is
regurgitating LIES about PPP that we have heard before. These people have no
plans for the future of our country. They failed the Gambian people and
rendered them destitute. They massacred our children and denied us justice.
The sooner we get rid of them, the better. In this election season, Gambians
have to be reminded about the slaughter of our children. This will NOT be
buried under the carpet.
KB