GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:22:36 +0000
"The police however assured the public that there is no cause for alarm, as
the situation is under control."

Yes indeed, the situation is under control, for it is staged, managed, and
directed by the head of Murder Inc.  At least the fool promised that much to
Gambians and he is delivering.  The question is, what is the population
doing about this madness?  Instead of standing up and run these rouges out
of town, we are busy praying harder or fighting for the number one spot of
appearing to be the hardest of the hard core against coups.  I see our
opposition politicians, religious leaders, Union leaders, etc., all lining
up to denounce "The Coup", when all of them know that this is no coup or
coup attempt.  Look, if you can't speak the truth because of fear, or are
afraid that you will be falsely branded a conspirator, then the honorable
thing to do is to stay silent.  However, to lend a voice in the endorsement
of this summary round up of folks to be slaughtered or tortured, is uncalled
for.  Gambians know that those in custody are being tortured or subjected to
inhumane treatment, why don't these so-called voice leaders speak to that?
They know that these folks are being starved to death, why don't they
protest against that?  They know that a Kangaroo TV trial is not the law of
the land, why don't they speak or protest against that?  They know that Yaya
fabricated this coup, why are they mute to that?  Thus, the hypocrisy that
is our signature when ever Yaya abuses our collective.  Remember the April
massacre and Maim, these same crop denounced the students for loss of
Property and to this day, zilch came out of it.  When Deyda was murdered,
these same crop were the ones that preached or lied about it being ordained
by God, and on and on.  "We urge the authorities to find Deyda's killers",
who are we kidding?  If we are waiting for Murder Inc. to find catherosis
and tell on themselves, then I have an ox to sell on the moon, any takers?

It seems to me our population is held hostage by those that purport to lead
them.  The masses want to do something about these abuses, but those that
head them do not have the will nor the courage to say enough is enough.  If
Gambians both home and abroad stand up, we can stop this madness today.
However, those that are supposed to be the conscience of the grassroots are
incapacitated by their own fears, real or imagined.  We have two choice
folks.  We either do something about our condition, or we do nothing.  As
long as we choose to do nothing, then reason dictates that not a darn thing
will change, but for the worse.  So, where ever one may be, let us each
continue to mind our business or focus on feeding our families and see if
religion is going to get us out of this.  In weeks to come, this will be all
forgotten and Yaya knows that.

Chi Jaama

Joe

5 COUP PLOTTERS ESCAPE
Written by Ousman Darboe
Wednesday, 05 April 2006
Five of the suspected March 21 coup plotters are now thought to be on the
run after escaping from a vehicle that was carrying them to the Janjanbureh
Prisons, Central River Division (CRD).
According to a statement issued by the Office of the Inspector-General of
Police last night and signed by ASP A Bojang, Police Public Relations
Officer, the escapees are Mr Daba Marena, Lt Ebou Lowe, 2nd Lt Alieu Ceesay,
Warrant Officer Alpha Bah, and Staff Sergeant Manlafi Corr.
The statement explains that the five suspects fled when the vehicle slammed
into a ditch and almost somersaulted. The police have therefore urged the
general public to volunteer any information that will lead to the arrest of
the fugitives.

They also remind the public that it is a punishable offence to harbour or
render any assistance to the fugitives.

The police however assured the public that there is no cause for alarm, as
the situation is under control.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい