GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Isatou B Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:33:03 +0200
Hello Mrs FJC,

You wrote: " Hey You Liars,"

I was going to ignore this just like I have been ignoring most of the insults
going on but for some reason I couldn't. Atleast those who have been hauling
insults have been doing it to each other and not to all on Gambia-L. It's one
thing having to deal with all the insults that have been going on the L lately
but it's another thing slinging those insults to innocent people on the L.

I have nothing against you posting about the APRC's campaign on the L because
you have every right to. The L is for everyone, regardless which party
politics one belongs to.

Mrs FJC, I am not here to tell you what you should do or not do but as a
woman, mother and the position you hold, you have a great role to play. Young
Gambian women should have been looking up to you as a role model, instead you
are teaching them that it's ok to haul insults at innocent people. You
should've been using your position to fight for more important issues. There
are people on this L who are old enough to be your children. What if they
start hauling insults at you?

You calling us on Gambia- L memebers liars? Where were you when Isatou Njie
Saidy and Co went on GRTS on April 10 2000, saying that rubber bullets were
used on the students???

You can insult me or add me on your anti APRC list but I wouldn't sit back and
be called or accused of something I am no part of.

If you have issues to take up, can you please do it with the people you have
been exchanging mails back and forth and not to the whole Gambia-L.

You owe an apology to everyone on the list and if you are woman enough that's
exactly what you'll be doing.

Isatou