GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harona S Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:05:11 GMT
Alieu Bah is an honest and hard working person whom i've respected for years
on end. He is admired and well loved for his witty jokes to persons with
whom he associates. He struggles hard to put a plate on the laps of his two
kids and wife,hardly sleeping juggling between the radio and night clubs
where he djs. Now, what will warrant such a threat to his life and that of
his family by unknown persons?
The lovers night programme for which his life is threatened was created by
me in 96 /97  as a way of entertaining the radio audience after two hours or
so of talk on the constitution and the rights of citizens by Halifa Sallah
and moderated by me. The sole aim of the prog then as it's now is to
entertain, counsel and allowing people to learn from others experiences.
It's simply this that Alieu, Thomas and others are doing at the radio. I
can't for the person in me comprehend why Alieu is threatened to the extend
of fearing for his life for simply talking about a married woman who was
impregnated by  a soldier. The whole scenario don't make sense to me.

Secondly why radio one of all radios is burnt down? It was this radio that
served as a training ground for many of our young and aspiring journalists.
It was this radio that introduced many young Gambians to broadcasting. If
anything George, it's proprietor deserves a special spot in the history of
the Gambian media as being the first Gambian to own and operate a private fm
radio station. Many things can be said about that radio,but for sure it has
produced the youngest and finest broadcastors of our times.

Alpha N'guss, as i know you, leave no stone unturned in the search for clues
leading to the identity of the armed and unidentified persons who burnt down
the nations number radio station .Stand firm! We wanna listen once more to
the vibes of 102.1 fm in stereo.
The best of luck.
Harona,
Detroit, MI