GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:34:23 -0400
I think the only real looser in this whole issue as political leaders are
S.M Dibba and Darboe. My whole understanding on this is that the old PPP is
coming back to manipulate our political system again. I do not understand
how the ppp can just jump and make a nomination with having first all the
political parties present and why they should make it a big deal. I think
the ppp is still fight to get into power but this time the only way is to
manipulate the system so the UDP/NCP will have some differences. Everyone
knows that since the banned on the political parties by degree 89 it is
obvious that NCP converted to UDP with plus and minus others.

The fear on PPP is that off course NCP/UDP their threats is coming back with
power eather in the name of NCP or UDP and that is a real threat to them so
inother to stop that they have to be part of something is some how becasue
of the following reasons.

1. They cannot join APRC

2. They will not be able to make it on their own , after we know their
history for thirty years that they have been in power.

3. Off course with their ego they will not join the NCP or PDOIS.

4. They cannot try to combine the rest of the parties to get anything out of
it.

5. But the only obvious thing they can do it play the same old game of being
MR. NICE and MRS. SMART and manipulate the gambians again as usual.

I think this is a game dirty politics, if they are really serious that they
mean a coalition why even register PPP.

Thanks

Bro YUS