GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Seedy S. Khan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:29:02 -0400
Mr. Njie,

Please be advised that no election took place in Jarra West in the 2002 National Assemly Elections.

It would be recalled that UDP boycotted the 2002 NA elections. Thus, Baba Jobe went unopposed and became the NAM for that constituency.

In the 1997 NA elections, Kemeseng defeated Baba Jobe while he (Kemeseng) was detained at Mansakonko Police Station.

Then in the July, 2004 by-election, Kemeseng Jammeh (UDP/NADD) was victorious over Musa Saidykhan (APRC). This by-election was held as a result of Baba Jobe's incarceration in Mile II.

Unfortunately, I do not have the numbers. I hope someone provides those.

Seedy