GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:56:17 -0400
Beran, thanks once again for the forward and I take this opportunity to
thank the brave journalists in the country for the patriotic work they are
doing reporting the news. It is important that the whole world recognize how
AFPRC/APRC disregard the lives of Gambian citizens. There is no doubt in
people’s minds that APRC have NOTHING to offer to the Gambians. Their
manifesto has NO SOLUTIONS for the plight of Gambians. APRC do NOT have the
wherewithal to move us FORWARD. They CANNOT convince Gambians to vote for
them.

What do they do now? They want to steal the elections by any means
necessary. If that means ambushing political opponents and killing
defenseless citizens, APRC do NOT care. APRC is instigating all this
lawlessness in the country. APRC thugs attack Opposition supporters and when
the going gets tough, the APRC thugs run away with their tails in between
their legs. They run to the Police and start concocting LIES. The next you
know, Opposition supporters are arrested and put in jail. Yaya and his
cohorts want to enslave the whole country and they do NOT want people to
fight back.

Well, enough is enough. Yaya’s days are certainly numbered. What the thugs
he is using to perpetrate these crimes should realize, is that Yaya has
stole enough money from the country and is ready to run away from the
country anytime. When Yaya runs away, he will NOT be able to take along with
him even loyal stalwarts like Yankuba Touray. Yaya is loyal to no one.
Remember this is the man that put Sana Sabally in jail and sanctioned the
torture and eventual murder of Sadibou Hydara. Gambians (especially those in
the armed forces) should NOT allow Yaya to use them. Yaya does NOT care if
he plunges the country into civil war. So long as he is comfortable in his
bunker in Kanilai, he does NOT care if the rest of the country is on fire.
Remember Yaya is the same man fueling the fight in Casamance by giving safe
haven to the Jola rebels in Gambia. For this man to plunge our country into
turmoil is nothing to him. Gambians must NOT allow that.

We were one big happy family before these people forced themselves onto us.
Never in our history have defenseless and innocent children been gunned down
in broad daylight before the eyes of the whole world. We must NOT allow a
repeat of those heinous atrocities. If they CANNOT convince us with their
‘no plans’, we MUST NOT let them intimidate us into accepting Yaya’s
misrule. This is the best opportunity Gambians have in the lonely confines
of the polling booth to hold Yaya accountable for the cold-blooded massacre
of our children. The Opposition leaders MUST ensure that once the people
repudiate Yaya on polling day, the decision of the people stands. We must
NOT allow Yaya to steal this election. We must get rid of Yaya on October
19, 2001, by any means necessary.
KB