GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:01:43 GMT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below, as usual, has come from one of my sources in the Gambia.
It is an update on the fate of Cheyassin Secka. My source is still insisting
that Cheyassin will be sacked, but knowing how Jammeh operates, I for one
want to believe that the fact that his (Secka's) planned dismissal was
leaked or reported on the L in advance, might have made Jammeh change his
mind. But who know? Anyway, read my source's update:

Ebrima

Ebrima,

As I send this update, a delegation has gone to Kanilai to plead with Yahya
Jammeh to spare Cheyassin Secka but they will fail. Cheyassin WILL GO. To be
precise, HE IS GONE. This man has failed to deliver
despite the assurances he gave to Jammeh and all and saundry at last
Friday's prayers that he WILL lock up Ousainou Darbo. He had promised to
lock up Ousainou Darbo, but failed. And when he was appointed AG, he changed
his Solicitor General, his secretary, his drivers and even his office
cleaners but failed in his most important assignment which turned out to be
a personal crusade - to put Ousainou Darbo behind bars on remand. Yahya is
considering appointing Mr. Jammeh since he has run out of seasoned
attorneys. Besides, no one worth his or her salt would want to work for this
Government as Attorney General; NOT even Raymond Sock.