GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Seedy SaidyKhan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 03:13:26 EST
Tombong,

I am happy to learn that you have laid your contribution to rest as far as
this discussion of the so-called "seizure of Gambian passports" is concerned.
You are not alone!  There are so many folks out there who do feel very bad
about the attitudes of certain members on this forum. It is becoming more of
an Anti-Jammeh forum than anything else. However, your stance on political
issues has always been undoubtedly noted. But, as a member of the APRC
government, and of course in a different capacity now, your views will be
seen differently. Moreover, the vast number of the critics of Jammeh regime
will tend to disrespect you as being evident recently. So may I please advise
you to refrain from such discussions in future, especially when it is
extremely hard to determine the head and tail of  any particular story.
Everyone will agree that this is a very serious matter, but we need to hear
from all the parties involved. Comments from either Mr. Johnson or a
spokesperson from The Gambian Embassy in Washington will be of an immense
help. Nevertheless, if you want to give up your post and join the "hood or
struggle" again, you are most welcome to do so. I doubt this, though. It must
be the least to be considered in your pipeline. Former rapper, M. C. Hammer's
story will be an outstanding reference for you. The choice should be very
clear.

Once again, The Gambia is a multiparty state. Thus, if anyone feels that he
or she can make a difference, the political platform is widely opened. We
need your expertise. Words are enough now. It is now time to put these sweet
words into actions.

S. S. Saidykhan.