GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alaji Ndure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:52:29 -0400
Hello Seedy/Latjor

The purpose of the L, as I understand it, is to further the discussion among Gambians. And to even make us come closer to one another. I come across names of people, I have not seen for so long, I do not know how. Some of them, I do now communicate with privately with. That is very positive.

The L also serves, to bring about a candid, purposeful and meaningful dialogue, that can lead us all to achieving an understanding of matters, then deal with them peacefully. Political or otherwise.

And in trying to do so, people will surely come to agree, or disagree with others, whose ideas happen not to be the same as one's very own. But man, does that mean that one should get so angry that one's sense of reasoning is blurred and thus making the person guilty of the same things he/she was, awhile ago, accusing his/her friend for?

We should and must be able to talk to one another, even face to face, without pulling daggers out. People must also accept that others have the reserved righ,t to question them, when in doubt. If we mean that we are serious, then no one should have the benefit of a doubt. I think it will be tantamount to taking each other for granted, if feedbacks are withheld. Do not withhold them, but make them constructive, suggestive and open.

I know neither of you, but have read some of your earlier postings (both of you) . They were sober, articulate and sense-giving. So, why are you men now taking it to a lower level, is the heat getting overwhelming in the kitchen?  Seedy, you mentioned that you two are infact neighbours. That alone, as far as I remember how we did it in Gambia, makes you eachothers charge!  You know what I mean. In other words, you are supposed to be watching eachothers back, right?

Meeting with Latjor at SEARS' p-lot, or stopping him on Lockwood Drive, will only make matters worse. Resorting to violence, will not do the deed. It never did, nor ever will.

Please do not consider me nosy or ''SOP'', by trying to mediate. But confidence is in me, that a lasting friendly solution will be reached.

Iwish you brothers, all that you wish for youselves, that is good for you.

Ndura