GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:29:06 -0800
Subject: A NEW GAMBIAN ONLINE NEWSPAPER HITS THE NEWS STANCE
From:    [log in to unmask]
Date:    Sun, December 4, 2005 3:19 pm
To:      [log in to unmask]

 BY AG

 A new Gambian online Newspaper called "The Gambia Journal" has hits the
news stance today. The said site operated by veteran Gambian writer Mbaye
Sarr and Mohammed Lamin Sillah, also a  leading human rights activist can
be accessed at this address: www.thegambiajournal.com

M. L .Sillah

This Editor visited the site some few minutes ago, where he was greeted by
breaking news stories and the excellent format of the online Newspaper.
"The site is attractive and presentable. I like its format and news
presentation"said ALLGAMBIAN online Newspaper Editor-in- Chief Pa Nderry
M'Bai.

Mr.M'Bai said The Gambia Journal will help to complement efforts already
spare headed by The ALLGAMBIAN online Newspaper, The Gambia Post and  The
Gambia L  to bring just and democratic Gambia. "The more online Newspapers
 we have,  the better it will be. We need to work as partners in
development. We can only achieve our objectives, if we are united. We
therefore,  want to thank  Messrs Sarr and Sillah for coming up with such
a site.  The Gambia is undergoing crucial moment  and it is only the media
that can help to highlight the current atrocities perpetrated by Jammeh
and his cronies. We are badly needed by!   voiceless Gambians at home,
whose  rights and freedoms are being abused on a daily basis by the Jammeh
dictatorship.  "said Mr.M'Bai.

Speaking to this paper Mohammed Lamin Sillah Editor-in-Chief of The Gambia
Journal Newspaper said"We will strive in educating, promoting, protecting
and defending human rights as enshrined in the Universal declaration of
human rights, international covenant on civil and political rights, the
international covenant on economic, social and cultural rights, convention
on the right of the child, convention on the elimination of all forms of
discrimination against women, the convention against torture, the
African Charter on human and people's right and all other human rights
conventions and treaties."

Mr.Sillah went on to add  "It will be another forum for Gambians to
express their views on the governance situation in The Gambia. The site
will also seek to uphold and re! port the truth about the current events
taking place in The Gambia. We will also come out with a monthly magazine
called The Gambia confidential."

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Model Search  - Could you be the next catwalk superstar? Check out
the competition now
--0-1763967880-1133735458=:54673

Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with
voicemail
The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences -
What's This?]

        DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...
Previous | Next | Back to Messages Save Message Text

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい