GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 10:17:38 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/99 8:43:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Dear list members,

 I am surprised at the barrage of  negative comments being thrown at Katim.
 He is doing well for the list so we should commend him for that.  Why are
 some of us insinuating that he is a dictator or tyrant?  He got rid of a bad
 apple whose sole aim had been the disintegration of the list.  Be polite and
 ask why the changes are taking place and not draw baseless conclusions.

 alanmbooj

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY. I AM SURE THERE MUST BE A GOOD REASON FOR THE CHANGE,
SO WHY NOT ENQUIRE POLITELY, RATHER THAN ENGAGE IN PERSONAL ATTACKS AND
UNFOUNDED SPECULATION. I GUESS SOME OF US MUST HAVE SECRETLY ENJOYED THE
POISONOUS ATMOSPHERE OF THE LIST THAT PREVAILED, SINCE KATIM HAS BEEN SUBJECT
TO ALL KINDS OF SNIDE REMARKS SINCE THAT PROBLEM WAS TAKEN CARE OF. NO WONDER
WE HAVE A PROLIFERATION OF ABUSIVE LEADERSHIP IN  AFRICA, I THINK SOME OF US
THRIVE ON DISHARMONY AND  CONTINUED FRICTION  ,  BECAUSE IT SEEMS EVERY TIME
SOMEONE EMBARKS ON A POSITIVE TREND, THEY BECOME INSTANT ENEMIES TO SOME OF
US. VERY CURIOUS INDEED.

JABOU

JABOU