GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Farage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:34:14 -0500
     Dear List Managers,

     I am very pleased to inform you that Ebou Khan, whose name I came
     across on the list being among the best Gambian interpreter/translator
     and for that matter an intellectual full of experience, has now
     increased the list of Gambians working at the International Criminal
     Tribunal for Rwanda, prosecuting genocide suspects to five. We are
     hoping more Gambians will come on board as time goes on.

     Please note that there are more Senegalese and Cameroonians working
     with this Tribunal and other international organisation, which leave
     me to wonder why? But the answer is they are fluent both in French and
     English.

     I therefore plead with all Gambian students at higher institution or
     lower to acquire a bit knowledge in French, which can broaden your
     chance of being marketable worldwide.

     NB. Ebou Khan is anxious to join the L, in order to meet with old
     friends and colleagues. I would therefore get in touch with you for
     his subscription to the list whenever he is settled.

     Farage