GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:20:41 -0000
MR. COLLY:

Once again, you have produced another brilliant master piece, a piece which
has crossed all Ts and dotted all Is. Compared to the INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPER
version of the story, your piece has eloquently spelt out in meticulous
details what really had happened. My brother, like KB, you always hit your
targets with pinpointed accuracy. Believe me, you and KB are the JOHNNY
COCHRAN of our struggle, for when ever each of you contribute on the forum,
your individual presentations always give SENSE OF DIRECTIONS to the
struggle. In reading your piece, I have discovered that your story could
have had SERIOUS and FAR REACHING MILITARY, POLITICAL and  FOREIGN POLICY
consequences for both Gambia and Senegal; and more significantly,
considering the persistent changing security environment in the region, the
important facts in your story could have even been used by the opponents of
both countries. But the most disturbing situation of all is the
SHORT-SIGHTEDNESS, IGNORANCE, STUPIDITY and the BIRD'S EYE VIEW foreign
policy of PRESIDENT JAMMEH, who was seriously endangering the lives of the
entire country at the time. After talking to Former President Abdou Diouf of
Senegal for 25 minutes, and in that conversation, President Jammeh had been
given a very HOT INTELLIGENCE information about what was going to happen,
and which if it did happen, will have had devastating consequences in terms
of loss of lives and property, yet the President had the guts to suppress
that very hot intelligence, thinking that it will soon die down. What a
MORON this guy is. And that hot intelligence was that there was all
possibilities that former rebel leader, KUKOI SAMBA SANYANG, was seriously
rehearsing plans to hit The Gambia with fire power, which could have wiped
out the entire town of FARAFENNI, leading to huge loss of lives and
property. That ignorance and unawareness on the part of President Jammeh was
sheer stupidity and total negligence, which could not and must not have been
forgiven, period.

Furthermore, another short-sightedness, and rush to judgment was the FOREIGN
POLICY 101 STRATEGY displayed by Former President Abdou Diouf of Senegal in
handling the entire episode together with President Jammeh. On the part of
Jammeh, we could understand that he is just a MORON, period. As Hamjatta put
it best, his brain cells are of the same capacity of a mosquito; but as
Former President Abdou Diouf, there was no excuse at all, for he has been in
the business for a prolong period, and more importantly, he has experienced
and solved much more complicated and difficult foreign policy issues. He
could have approached the situation with a much broader and genuine picture
than he did. Even a junior in his Foreign Ministry could have handled the
situation brilliantly. The central motive why Former President Abdou Diouf
had acted shorted-sighted, was out of SHEER PASSION against Former President
Sir Dawda Jawara, his former co-partner of the failed CONFEDERATION, which
Senegal needed so badly and in which had invested so much resources, but,
for some reasons better known to both co-partners, things fell apart. The
failure of the confederation between the countries had devastated Former
President Abdou Diouf so much so that this time around, he felt that it was
pay back time against Jawara. Consequently, with President Jammeh coming to
power in The Gambia, former President Abdou Doiuf seized the opportunity to
DISHEARTEN former President Sir Dawda Jawara by cooperating with a MORON,
thinking that this time around his political investment would have yielded a
dividend. But again, the second time around, his political re-investment
became the his worst political nightmare.

President Jammeh had exploited Doiuf's hatred for Jawara and pretended that
Doiuf is in his good books. Diouf's first nightmare came when Jammeh opened
his arms to the MFDC rebels in Cassamance, and even supplied them with arms
and ammunitions, medical benefits extended to the rebels. Even in some
instances, the rebels are awarded accommodations and other basic utilities
in order to facilitate their operations against Senegalese forces. Under
Jammeh's watch, more people died in rebellion in Cassamance than the entire
30 years under Jawara. This has been something which Diouf, though out of
office, will live to regret.

Ansumana Kujabi(THIRD-Truth Telling, Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility and
Democracy)