GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 10:02:26 EDT
Habib,

Yes, many of us are just now learning these things due to some of the reasons
l mentioned.Well, we will keep trying  to get the message across as you
mentioned, and inshallah, Allah (SWT) will help increase all of us in
knowledge. Hey, perhaps you can make a stop over in Tenn. when you head South.

Regards,
Jabou

 Sister jabou ,
 you are right on the dot.
 This is a controversial example you have mentioned ( about the wig -and false
 hair- by the way not only women do it . There are many muslim men who wear
 toupees (correct spelling??) too.
 Although we may not like it, it is incumbent upon us to try to educate
others not
 to practice those deviations . eventually the message will get there. Many
of us
 honestly did not know or were just not properly educated including myself in
the
 details of many things like these issues.
 I will give you a typical example . When we want to send a body home we have
 embalm the deceased right -but it is definitely not allowed and clearly
written
 in the hadith of sahih Buhari. Again many of us are either not aware of this
fact
 including burying in a casket. We have to obey the laws of the land where we
are
 so one has to comply or otherwise burial must be ASAP to avoid that. YES we
can
 bury our dead without casket here in the USA you need to sign a waiver  and
have
 it notarized. As a notary Public I have done it several times in our Masjid
 satisfy the rules of the cemetery and funeral homes.
 It is a catch 22.
 May Allah guide us and let us try to get closer to perfection with less
trifles.
 Habib Diab Ghanim

 It is raining now in Washington . Thank God . All the Islamic centers had to
pry
 for rain today . The drought was really getting beyond our control. We were
also
 taught how to conserve water. The prophet (peace be upon him) never use more
than
 a bucket of water to take a bath  or shower. We nowadays tend to waste
because of
 it's abundance forgetting that one day it may be short.
 hdg