GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 07:18:06 -0700
Sis Fatou,

Thank you for putting it out in plain language.

What needs to be understood is that some of us are not speaking out to
Halifa just because we want to put him or PDOIS on the spot. It is simply
out of sincerity and commitment to a meaningful change. We want to be able
to communicate with our leaders and potential leaders in an honest and open
manner. We want to try to set the record straight where we see fit and how
we see fit to insure that these leaders and potential leaders understand and
appreciate what we think of them. If any other person see that as an uncanny
attack on any particular person, so be it. This is the number one problem we
need to fight to get rid off from our social setting. Once we set our minds
on a political leader, we tend to not see anything wrong with their actions
or utterances. We are not being fair to them. We are not doing them any good
if we are not willing to stand up and speak up to them. They are human and
have tendencies to stray. It is our duty as sensitive followers or
supporters to hint them when we see or hear something out of the norm.
Like most on this list, if I had to vote for a political party today, I do
not see or hear of any other political party more fitting than PDOIS. It is
in this spirit that I see fit to speak up to them through Halifa. My
conscience dictates that if I have to vote for any particular political
party, I should be able to communicate my feelings to them. They should be
able to listen to my voice and take time to consider my concerns. Those who
call themselves true and unconditional supporters of PDOIS should consider
for a minute whether they are being fair to PDOIS by not being critical of
their policies, actions and utterances.

I salute you sis.

Enjoy your day.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Toll-free number: 1-888-392-4832(Excite2)
Personal extension for v/mail/fax: 291-368-1519