GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:10:55 GMT
Asbjorn:

Thanks for the nice piece on Ifang Bondi. I'll do one on Badou Jobe and the
group whenever time permits me. I was equally impressed when I saw them in
Birmingham last month. And talking about music, "Channel Four", a TV Channel
here in the UK, showed us last Saturday night, a very powerful documentary
entitled "The true Story of Bob Marley" which needs to be watched. The
programme was really good and revealing. Preceding the Bob Marley
documentary was another excellent programme hosted by the South London born
singer Maxi Priest, in which he featured the ten most successful
musicians/groups from the Caribbean. This was Maxi's top 10: of course in
first position was Bob Marley:

1st. Bob Marley (Jamaica)
2nd Gloria Estafan (US/Cuba)
3th Billy Ocean (Trinidad)
4th Fugees ( Haiti/US)
5th Eddie Grant (Barbados)
6th Shaggy (US/Jamaica)
7th Desmond Decker (I forgot where he came from)
8th Shabba Ranks (Jamaica/US)
9th Ricki Martin (Porto Rico/US)
10th Jimmy Cliff (Jamaica)

Ebrima

PS: I recorded both programmes and would be kind enough to tape/record them
for some of the Bob Marley fans on the L.